COMPANY DESCRIPTION: Forbright Bank is a full-service bank, commercial lender, and asset manager headquartered in Chevy Chase, Maryland. Forbright is a banking and financing visionary leader in clean energy, healthcare, technology, financial services, real estate, and other industries with extraordinary service.
COMPANY CULTURE: We are a dynamic, high energy, fun, and fast-paced organization that has an exciting growth trajectory, meaningful mission, and embedded responsible environmental, social, and governance (ESG) practices into our daily interactions. We offer our team members a culture of collaboration, inclusion, flexibility, recognition, and giving back. We look to hire individuals that are passionate about our mission, and who are motivated, customer and results-oriented, innovative, adaptable, and thoughtful.
COMPANY MISSION: We are a values-driven institution with an uncommon commitment to decarbonization and sustainability. As the need to build a more sustainable, low-carbon economic system grows increasingly urgent, we are dedicating half of our assets to financing the companies, investors, and innovators driving that change. We are reimagining how a bank should operate in a changing world.
DEPARTMENT SUMMARY: In our Mortgage department, no state licensing is required for Loan Officers. We can lend in all 50 states. We have a dedicated local operations staff of Underwriters, Loan Officer Assistants, and Processors. Loan Officer compensation is aggressive, with no tiers, and our Loan Officers can work from home. We offer competitive rates to our borrowers and offer FHA, VA, Jumbo, interest-only, and non-QM loans for self-employed borrowers.
JOB SUMMARY: We are looking to hire a Loan Officer that is responsible for selling and originating quality mortgage loans and maintaining compliant, lawful, sounds, and profitable production.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Originate mortgage loan products of at least 12 million annually
- Understand all mortgage products and suggest the appropriate product for the customer
- Ensure all loans meet audit, operations, compliance, regulatory, and vendor guidelines to prevent leakage or buybacks
- Meet or exceed customer service standards throughout the loan process
- Demonstrate integrity in all transactions
- Attend all sales trainings and meetings as required
- NMLS licensing
- Encompass experience
- 2 years of experience in the mortgage industry originating loans
- Firm comprehension of loan documents, covenants, and required disclosures and regulations.
- Knowledgeable of industry products and all compliance required to originate a quality loan
- Excellent customer service skills
- Must be able to evaluate customer credit profiles for loan criteria
💼 Comprehensive health, dental, and vision plans
🌴 4 weeks PTO
💰 401k + company match
🚉 Metro SmartTrip benefits ($50/mo)
💻 WFH flexibility
🚴 Bonuses for purchasing solar panels, electric vehicles, biking to work, etc.
🍎 Paid subscriptions to Veterans Compost, Imperfect Foods and more!
Forbright Bank is committed to cultivating an environment that promotes diversity as a fundamental value. We welcome employees with a range of experiences, backgrounds, and perspectives.
Forbright Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer